Saturday, February 27, 2010

Interrupted Journeys

Life has a way of tossing an alternate route along our journeys on days we least expect it.  Yesterday was just such a day.

I was headed home to lunch when a car flying at warp speed crashed into me, broadsiding me and spinning me violently around, crashing into me again.  Fortunately, I am banged up but otherwise pretty much okay.  I have lots of bruises and aches, but I also feel like God and the angels were protecting me.  The car is totaled and the car payment is due today (of course -- that's a rule, isn't it?).  Still, I am happily alive and can feel the aches and pains, which beats the alternative!

Today's journey, then, is just to rest, ponder, meditate, and get well.  I know there is a lesson or two to be had, and I will surely find it today.  Shalom for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment